The Front Range Climbing Stewards are YOUR full-time professional trail building team. We specialize in erosion mitigation rock structures on steep slopes, and our team needs one, two or three volunteers many workdays. Registration and details are posted below once a specific project is launched, so check back. Round up two friends and book a day with us!
2018 FRCS SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Volunteers: signup links are posted once available
- 3/19 to 3/31: Indian Creek, UT – work week in the Creek with Access Fund
- 4/3 to 4/26: Gregory Canyon – weekday volunteering – Sat 4/8 workday
- 4/30 to 5/10: Boulder Canyon
- 5/14 to 6/7: Upper Dream Canyon
- 6/11 to 6/21: Third Flatiron
- 6/25 to 7/8: Ten Sleep Canyon, WY
- 7/9 to 8/16: Third Flatiron
- 8/20 to 10/18: Clear Creek Canyon
- 10/22 to 11/3: Indian Creek, UT
- 11/5 to 11/16: Cathedral Spires
In the spring of 2013, BCC launched the Front Range Trail Team, an all-volunteer effort that knocked off a lot of important trail work. It went so well we managed to raise enough funds to start the Front Range Climbing Stewards (FRCS) in spring of 2014 in partnership with the Access Fund. The FRCS is a full time team of three hard working trail building professionals who work with volunteers to do nothing but fix trails for Boulder climbers.
Both the FRCS and our volunteer trail team fill vital needs for climbing access trail building around Boulder and in areas popular to Boulder climbers. We’re a professional crew that runs on donations and grants to augment trail building capacity for local land agencies.
Check out this great video about our work on the Royal Arch Trail in 2014. You’ll get to see some of our rock-moving and -breaking tricks!
Here’s a quick look at all the land managers we work with to pull it off…