The BCC is always accepting applications to fill open board positions for up to 2-year terms (current list here). Every year in the spring we re-confirm or admit new board members – current applications are due by March 14, 2018.
Requirements to be considered for a position on the BCC Board:
- Passion for being a part of building the Boulder Climbing Community, a Colorado Charitable Organization.
- Commitment to attending evening Board meetings from 6:30 – 9:00 pm on the 1st Wednesday of February, April, June, August, October & December.
- Commitment to serving on the Board for a two-year term.
- Serve on at least one BCC committee and attend at least one BCC event annually as a representative of the BCC.
- Ability and commitment to use email and other effective communication to address Board business between meetings.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with these items:
- Name, email address, and phone number:
- How long have you lived in the Boulder/front range area?
- Briefly tell us about your climbing experience and philosophy. Please, no resumes.
- Please describe your past experience (if any) with grass-roots organizations or non-profits.
- What areas of expertise or interest are you hoping to bring to the BCC? Some of our areas of work include sustainable trails and access routes, anchor safety, building collaborative relationships with land managers, event planning and execution, marketing and membership, website development and management, fundraising and finances.
- What do you think the BCC can do to build the core community in the area, and help preserve the recreational opportunities for its members?
- What is your leadership style and/or how do you thrive in a collaborative work environment?
- Anything unique or unusual you might bring to the Board, or anything else you want to share about yourself?
- What is your current occupation?